INSIGHT Intelligent Neural Systems as InteGrated Heritage Tools
2017 > 2020
Promotor(s) : Karine Lasaracina (RMFAB) ; Els Angenon (RMAH) ; Pierre Geurts (University of Liège) ; Christophe Verbruggen (University of Ghent) ; Sally Chambers (University of Ghent)
Researcher(s) : Matthia Sabatelli (University of Liège) ; Nicolae Banari (University of Antwerp)
The objective of this project is to advance the application of automated algorithms from the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to support cultural heritage institutions in their effort to keep up with their ongoing annotation efforts for their expanding digital collections.
- Mike Kestemont ; Walter Daelemans & Dirk van Hulle (University of Antwerp)
- Karine Lasaracina ; Ellen Van Keer (until the end of 2018) (RMFAB)
- Els Angenon ; Eva Coudyzer (until October 2019) (RMAH)
- Christophe Verbruggen & Sally Chambers (University of Ghent)
- Pierre Geurts (University of Liège)
- Matthia Sabatelli (University of Liège)
- Nicolae Banari (University of Antwerp)
- Odile Keromnes & Wouter Paelinck (RMFAB)
- Marie Cocriamont (RMAH)
- Belgian Science Policy (BELSPO)
INSIGHT is an academic research project that targets the digital assets of two museum clusters in Brussels: Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium and Royal Museums of Art and History. This project aims to deploy the recent advances in Artificial Intelligence (language technology and computer vision in particular) to support the enrichment of these collections with descriptive metadata.